No one would have got such hard blow, which Spain's public health care system has got due to euro zone crisis.
For past two years, medical suppliers have not be paid; emergency wards have been closed and doctors and other medical staff have been told that they either they should agree with the fact that they have to work with meager pay or they would be laid off.
It has become a `catch 22 situation' for medical workers, who could do nothing but have to wait until they receive contracts. There are number of companies which supply even minute things to hospitals, from surgical swabs to disinfectants, and they have to receive millions of Euros from the government. And, only after they receive the payment, they would be able to pay salaries of their worker. So, there is a complete vicious circle of economic downturn.
Catalonia region is the worst hit and is facing finance scarcity since Spain has started to witness the loss and ultimately got involved in the euro zone debt problem. It seems a farfetched goal for Spain to improve conditions in the region as a part of a promise it has made to other European countries to cover up the loss as soon as possible.
At this point, even the most trustworthy politicians of Spain seem to be lying as they could forecast a time that would bring prosperity.
Today's popular content
- Spain’s King Gives his Luxury Yacht to the Government
- Repsol board sanctions dividend cut
- Queen of Spain to Sue Dating Site over Using Her Image in Offensive Way
- Dutch Sociologist Saskia Sassen's Awarded Spain's Prince of Asturias Social Sciences Prize
- Sister Teresa Forcades Opposes Excesses of Capitalism
- Repsol’s Board meeting on Jan 15 to vote on Brufau
- Thalidomide Victims Sue Manufacturer Company of Drug for Allegedly Selling Drug in Spain for Six-Months after Ban
- Inaugural Great Ball Run to be Held in Northern Virginia this Summer
- Locals in Spain Consider Nighttime Patrols to Protect their Flocks
- Spain Sells Seven Billion Euros Bonds through Banks