The revelation about the deal of expanding North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO)-based defense system in Europe has been made by collaborating nations, the US and Spain.
As per the guidelines of the agreement, a US anti-missile warship is going to be placed at Rota on the Spanish coast. It is this placement that will lead to the expansion of NATO defense system. The project demands execution of ship-based anti-ballistic missiles in the Mediterranean, along with development of the ground-base systems in the nations like Romania, Poland and Turkey.
As per the revelation, the system will be ready for functioning from the coming year, but complete execution of the operations will start by the year 2018. The project has been planned in order to protect the NATO associated nations and the US from missile attacks. The nations have a major threat of witnessing a missile attack is from Iran and North Korea.
The announcement about the defense system deal has been made by the President of Spain Jose Luis Rodriguez Zapatero, in presence of NATO Secretary-General Anders Fog Rasmussen and U. S. Defense Secretary Leon Panetta in Brussels. As per Mr. Zapatero, "This commitment to collective defense is also a guarantee to the defense of Spain and Spaniards".
Today's popular content
- Spain’s King Gives his Luxury Yacht to the Government
- Repsol board sanctions dividend cut
- Queen of Spain to Sue Dating Site over Using Her Image in Offensive Way
- Dutch Sociologist Saskia Sassen's Awarded Spain's Prince of Asturias Social Sciences Prize
- Sister Teresa Forcades Opposes Excesses of Capitalism
- Thalidomide Victims Sue Manufacturer Company of Drug for Allegedly Selling Drug in Spain for Six-Months after Ban
- Repsol’s Board meeting on Jan 15 to vote on Brufau
- Inaugural Great Ball Run to be Held in Northern Virginia this Summer
- Locals in Spain Consider Nighttime Patrols to Protect their Flocks
- Spain Sells Seven Billion Euros Bonds through Banks